1. Can you define digital marketing?
Digital marketing is simply known as a brand marketing tactics. This is done via the online channels. It will include various methods and techniques like SEM, Link building, SEO, Email marketing, PPC etc.
2. How will you classify digital marketing?
The digital marketing is classified into two segments. They are as follows,
- Inbound marketing.
- Outbound marketing.
Inbound marketing: We seek the help of social media in terms of content, e-books to get the maximum traffic on links.
Outbound marketing: It will include encompassing emails, cold calls, placing ads or reach out targeted audience via digital mediums.
3. What will you prefer online marketing or offline marketing?
Online marketing is mostly preferred than offline marketing. This is because of the following reasons. They are,
- Extraordinary lead generation is very expensive in offline marketing when compared to online marketing.
- We can reach a huge and diverse audience through online.
- We can able to make corrections in live campaigns in digital marketing in real time.
- We can able to measure and track everything in digital marketing.
4. What do you mean by on-page and off-page optimization?
On page optimization will directly handle with the structure and content of a site. Off page optimization boost the search engine ranking. This is possible by fetching the external links to point back to it.
5. What do you mean by SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is simply known as SEO. It is the process of improving the structure, content and organization of your site. The Search engines can index them correctly. It can also involve in doing promotional activities to boost your search engine rank.
6. Explain about keywords and its important from the point of SEO in digital marketing?
In digital marketing keyword is the word that a user or person enters a search engine. This is used to find information which is needed.
From SEO point of view: Keywords are very crucial for better ranking of the page.
7. Can you give you an example for SEO?
Let us consider that we are looking for a certification program. We will type the following keywords like,
- certification in digital marketing.
- Digital marketing course.
- Digital marketing courses.
- Training programs in Chennai.
Generally, Keywords play a major role in SEO. After typing these keywords, we will come across several links on the first page and it will show the importance of being on first page.
8. State the different types of SEO Practices?
The SEO practices are widely classified into two categories. They are as follows,
- White hat SEO.
- Black hat SEO.
White hat SEO practices: It is the most legitimate practices. It will help us to get higher rankings in the search engine result pages. A white hat SEO practice strictly abide by the Google’s guidelines for SEO. The most commonly practiced white hat SEO techniques are publishing quality content on the website, HTML optimization and restructuring of the website, link acquisition campaigns
Black hat SEO practices: It is considered as the illegitimate and against the guidelines which is provided by Google and Google’s algorithms. Black hat SEO includes the practices which aims at finding weaknesses and loopholes in the Google’s algorithms in order to rank higher in the search engine result pages. The most common black hat SEO techniques include spam links, keyword stuffing, cloaking, hidden text, and hidden links, etc.
9. What is Responsive Website?
Responsive Website refers to the site which is created using the Responsive Web Design (RWD). This will be fast and compatible with multiple devices and browsers.
10. What are the keywords used to optimize website ranking?
We must follow some important areas for the better page ranking. They are as follows,
- Keyword in Website URL.
- Keyword in Website Title.
- Keyword in Meta tag.
- Keyword in Web page content.
- Keyword density in body text.
- Keywords in Headlines.
11. Explain about PPC?
In short term Pay Per Click is known as PPC. It is also known as Cost Per Click. It is a technique used to direct traffic to websites. In this technique, advertisers pay the publisher when the ad is clicked. In other words, it is the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked.
12. Explain about the primary models for determining Pay Per Click?
There are two primary models for determining Pay Per Click. They are as follows.
- Flat rate PPC.
- Bid based PPC.
Flat rate PPC In this type of model, both publisher and advertiser agree to a fixed amount. That will be the amount they will pay for each click. The publisher has a rate card for PPC plan based on different areas of their website or network. The amount varies as per the content that generally attracts the people.
Bid based PPC In this type of model, the advertiser competes with other advertisers. This will be in a private auction hosted by a publisher. The advertiser will inform publisher for the maximum amount of bid he is willing to pay.
13. SEO, PPC or Digital Marketing? Which will be best according to you?
SEO and PPC is consider as the part of Digital marketing. SEO, PPC, Display media and content marketing are the tactics used to achieve the goals. Especially like productivity, etc. we cannot do PPC or SEO without a content marketing strategy. The main thing is how and when to use a strategy to drive a traffic immediately.
14. Explain Keyword streaming?
In simple term keyword streaming is analyzing the relevant keywords. It will choose the best keyword for the website based on its target. This is used to get organic traffics and leads through the keywords
15. Explain the key elements to optimize the conversion rates per PPC?
Conversion rate will bring more visitors to your site. To increase the conversion rate, we must follow some tips. They are as follows,
- We must write down the compelling content on your website which will be relevant to the keyword or search query.
- We should maintain a high degree of relevance between your ads and corresponding landing pages.
- The webpage should easy registering process, signing up for a newsletter or making a purchase.
- We should check the design of your landing page. It should have right combination of color, layout and GUI to attract more customers.
16. What are the things you should follow for effective Pay Per Click campaigns?
We should follow the following things for the effective Pay Per Click campaign. They are,
- Add more PPC keywords: We must add more keywords which are relevant to our business. This will help us in expanding the reach of your pay per click.
- Split Ad groups: We must split up our ad groups into smaller and more relevant ad groups. So that, we can improve click-through-rate (CTR).
- Review costly PPC keywords: Review expensive and underperforming keywords.
- Refine landing page: To align with individual search queries, we must modify the content and call-to-action of your landing page.
- Add negative keywords: To improve campaign relevancy and reduce wasted spend, add non-converting terms /negative keywords.
17. Do you have any idea about AMP?
Yes, I know about AMP. AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. This AMP project is announced by google in October 2015. It rolled out through 2016. This will help the pages to load quickly on mobile devices.
18. What do you mean by Google AdWords?
Google AdWords is one of the single most popular PPC advertising system in the world. It works on Pay per click model. The AdWords platform will enable the business to create ads which will appear on Google search engine and their other properties.
19. Can you list some of the most effective ways to increase traffic to a website?
The following are some of the most effective ways to increase the traffic to a website. They are,
- Provide good user experience.
- Build referral link.
20. What do you mean by Google AdWords Remarketing?
It is a form of online advertising which enables sites to show targeted ads to user who have already visited their site.
21. Give me some of the useful online marketing tools?
Following are some of the useful online marketing tools. They are,
- Crazy egg heat maps
- Keyword discovery
- Google Analytics
- Digital point keyword tracker
- SubmitExpress Link Popularity
- XML Sitemap Generator
- Favicon generator
22. What is Google Penalty?
The negative impact on a website’s search rankings which will be based on updates to Google’s search algorithms or manual review is known as Google Penalty. The penalty can be a by-product of the update of an algorithm. It can also be said as an intentional penalization for various black-hat SEO techniques.
23. What will you do to avoid the Google penalty?
Following are some of the simple tips which help us to avoid the Google penalty. They are,
- We should not link to any other site with bad page rank.
- We should avoid Poison words. For example: word “link”, when we hypertext this text to give the link to your site it becomes poison words.
- We should avoid stealing text or images from other domains.
- We should avoid re-directing the users to another page through refreshing the tags.
- We should not immediately send user or visitors to another page even before they clicked on the web page link.
23. What are the characteristics of bad links?
Following are the characteristics of bad links. They are,
- Links from link exchanges.
- Links from those sites that are not in Google index.
- Links from sites that are unrelated to your sites.
- Links from low Page Rank and Low traffic.
- Spammy links from blogs or articles.
- Paid links.
- Link from the same anchor texts coming from multiple sites.
24. Can you tell me about market automation tools?
Generally, in any business, we need marketing tools is used to engage with our consumers. We must get engaged with number of tasks to increase the Return on Investment (ROI). Some of the scalable tools to generate leads are as follows.
- Constant Contact
25. List me the limitations of the online marketing?
Following are some of the limitations of online marketing. They are,
- Intense Competition.
- Can get Overwhelming.
26. Can you list me the best ways to get a natural backlink to your site?
The chance of getting fast and natural links are almost zero for a newly launched website. One of the best common method to get a natural backlink is to write guest posts on reputable websites. While we write it is not simple.
It is for the purpose of getting a link instead but instead we can write for more than one time. One of the most important things is that we must do it only for reputed websites.
27. Give me some of the different ways to promote digital marketing?
Following are some of the ways which is used to promote the digital marketing.
- E-commerce Marketing.
- Content Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Email Marketing.
- Social Media Marketing.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
28. Can you list me some channels to promote digital marketing?
Following are some of the channels to promote the digital marketing. They are,
- Search Marketing.
- Social Media.
- Social Networking.
- Social Marketing.
- Affiliated Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Display Marketing.
- Online PR.
- Video Advertising.
29. What is mean by competitive analysis?
A competitive analysis is a very critical portion while working on marketing plan for any company. It helps in identifying the competitors and evaluating their strategies. This will help to determine their strengths and weaknesses which is related to those of our own product or service.
Using this evaluation, we can establish our USP (Unique Selling Prepostion) and therefore decide on what attributes we can focus in order to attract your target market.
30. What is mean by search engine?
It is a class of programs. It is used to find out specific information. This is possible through the World Wide Web.
31. Can you list some of the famous search engine?
The most famous search engines are as follows. They are,
32. What is mean by responsive website?
A website which can adjust its layout according to the orientation and viewport size of the device is known as responsive website. The content will be presented on the small screens and big screens. It will appear to be same but with a different layout. It will offer an optimal experience over the display size.
33. How will you increase traffic to a website in the most efficient manner?
We need to focus on SEO and referring links primarily for increasing the traffic to a website very effectively. It will not only help us to gain visitors but also assist in brand recognition. The essential factor is we need to focus is User Retention.
34. Can you give example for increasing the traffic to a website in the most efficient manner?
Example: Getting Moz Link and around 10 thousand visitors to the website will be a good result. We need to remember that the conversion ratio will be comparatively low.
Converted leads are very certain to land on the website in various times. But if we focus on retaining the users, we are going to experience increased conversion rate gained from few thousands of visits in just a few months.
By rendering focus on engaging users, we can go ahead with building a site whereby people will come back again and again.
35. How can you have tuned updated with the new digital marketing trends?
It is very important to scout various digital marketing blog and subscribe the newsletter to get the regular updates. We can also know about network and marketing events where we interact with people that in turn help us in our business. Some of the famous resources are social media examiner, mashable, the neil patel blog, etc.
36. How can you improve the conversion rates?
This is possible by testing the different elements on site. This is especially on landing page. We can also experiment with functionality, layout and style on landing pages.
37. What will you do if your ad gets disapproved?
When we came to know the ad gets disapproved, then we start with fixing the problem. We should edit the ad and wait for the approval status. It may take one business day.
38. Can you list some Google AdWords ad extensions?
Following are some of the Google AdWords ad extensions. They are,
- Promote extension.
- Structured snippet extension.
- Affiliate location extension.
- App extension.
- Sitelink extension.
- Call extensions.
- Callout Extension.
39. Can you list the top digital marketing tools which we are aware of?
The top Digital Marketing tools are as follows.
- Digital Point Keyword Tracker.
- Google Analytics.
- Google Keyword Planner.
- Keyword Discovery.
- Alexa Ranking.
- Buffer App.
- Crazy Egg Heatmaps.
- SubmitExpress Link Popularity.
- XML Sitemap Generator.
40. Can you list some hallmarks of a good PPC landing page?
Following are some of the hallmarks of a good PPC landing page. They are
- Trust symbols.
- A powerful headline.
- A clear call to action.
- A list of advantages.
- An image showing the context.
41. State the difference between branding and direct marketing?
In simple term, branding is a marketing strategy. It is generally used where a company creates a name, logo or design that can be easily identifiable as a brand name. It is a long-term process. It helps to achieve consistently and deliberately. It is one of the most effective one.
Direct marketing is a technique to reach out to the potential customers through different mediums, such as emails, mails, pamphlets, catalogs, flyers, and others.
The basic difference between this is the time taken and mode to reach the consumers. Branding is done to build awareness, while in direct marketing; the company reaches out to their customers directly.
42. Can you list the different types of digital marketing?
Following are different types of digital marketing. They are,
- Content Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Social Media Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- E-commerce Marketing.
43. What is mean by the conversion rate in PCC?
The number of conversions which is divided by the total ad clicks is known as Conversion rate in PCC.
44. Can you state an example for conversion rate in PCC?
Let us consider that we get 10 conversions from 100 clicks. Then our conversion rate will be 10%.
45. Can you list me some binding options?
Following are some of the bidding options. They are,
- Cost Per Click (CPC).
- Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPI).
- Cost Per Action (CPA).
46. State the limit for AdWords Ad characters?
Headlines and sub-headlines should not exceed more than 30 characters in AdWords Ad characters. Descriptions should be within 90 characters.
47. What do you know about the digital marketing certification?
It is preferred to get Digital Marketing Certification. This will help us in gaining more knowledge and enhanced our profile at the professional level in the digital marketing field. It will help us in developing our skill for digital marketing. This certification course provides us more opportunities to work at the highly professional organization.
48. Explain about how social media marketing help in my business?
Mostly it is been proven again and again by business after business. If we don’t use social media means, there will be no issues it will not harm our business. Having an online presence on social media is simply expected of any reputable firm these days.
49. What will be the benefit of social media for my company?
Your business may take advantage or not. Social media has changed the way that consumers communicate with businesses and vice versa. Being accessible to your customers and your prospective clients via social media will help you in developing the relationships with them and helping them through the sales funnel.
50. How Companies needs to measure their success of Social Media Marketing?
Generally, the success will be measured using the same metrics what we use for any other marketing activity such as traffic, leads, and customers. It will be based on the Counting of number of fans or followers we have. This will help us to understand our social media reach. The success will be based on how many people it drives to our site and how many of them are qualified leads and how many of them become customers.
51. What do you think Social Media Marketing will be Better for B2c Or B2b Businesses?
This will be more important in different way for both. B2C businesses will focus on more light-hearted and fun social media posts. B2B businesses need to use social media to share valuable industry content. Social media is vital for both as it play as a tool for connecting a business with its customers.
52. What do you think about using Facebook for marketing?
Facebook is the social media platform. It has a choice for over a billion people worldwide. Using it we can able to connect and interact with audience. It is also used to share the content in a way that encourages the fans to share it as well.
53. What do you think about using Twitter for marketing?
Twitter has 313 million of users. It will be ideal for sharing our content. It is easy to connect with other influencers in our industry.
54. What do you think about using LinkedIn for marketing?
LinkedIn has 467 million of users. It is a great place to share your credentials with the world. The only thing is that it is not a perfect place to interact with your audience through online. Using LinkedIn Groups, you can answer questions and contribute to discussions in order to demonstrate your industry thought leadership as well as your willingness to help others generously.
55. Is Google+ used for marketing?
Though it seems to be good, Google+ is one platform we don’t recommend using for marketing purposes.
54. Is YouTube important in marketing?
In general, Videos play a major role in the world of social media marketing. YouTube gets 4 billion of views per day. Promoting your brand’s image through a video will be the right choice. The audience will have a peek behind the scenes at your business.
55. Can you list some common Social Media Marketing Mistakes which is done by the business?
One of the greatest mistakes is inconsistency in posting sporadically. Another will be not responding when consumers reach out to engage. The stupid mistake is using social media as a place to announce your own content and nothing more without ever engaging in discussions or adding comments to the post. This will make your audience confused whether we want to click or like or to share.
56. Explain about a great call to action?
In general call to action should be very clear and very simple. It should be towards the top of your email for those who won’t finish reading the whole email, and then repeated at the end for those who do read all the way through. It should spell out exactly what you want subscribers to do, such as, “Click here to download our report.”
57. Can you tell me about the can spam law?
Can spam law will require for anyone who send commercial emails which includes an unsubscribe link within each one and include the company’s physical address or P.O. Box as well to honor any subscriber’s request to unsubscribe by never emailing them again. Noncompliance with this law can be as high as $300 per email recipient.
58. What is a good CTR percentage?
The minimum click rate on Ad Words will pay by searching ads is about 2%. We can tell that anything over 2% will be consider as above average CTR.
59. What are the Targeting options in Search network ads?
Keywords and Demographics.
60. How many AdWords accounts can one have?
Now one can connect the maximum of five Ad Words accounts to one email. The option to add starting accounts can be processed through the Manage Ad Words accounts screen in the main home.
61. Can you tell me about the robots.txt?
It is a standard used by the websites to communicate with the web crawlers. If we do not want some pages to be indexed when the search engine crawlers, then we should visit the site this is done with the help of robot.txt. It is a way to tell the spiders which pages they should avoid while indexing. If we have 2 versions of a page which we should not want the crawlers to index one version to prevent a duplicate content penalty. Our website may have some sensitive data that we do not want the crawlers to index. We also wish to exclude images, stylesheets etc., to save on bandwidth. Hence robot.txt helps in keeping search engines away from certain pages which may be essential from the point of view of SEO.
62. What is the biggest challenge in your digital marketing carrier so far? And how did you overcome it?
When you are cornered with this question means that they want to know about your skill in facing the challenges and how you handle and solve the critical bugs. They even want to know about the potential of dealing with the failures. This is because guaranteed to crop up in every role and they want to make sure that you will not struggle or crumble to cope when they give you handle critical issues.
Think carefully and answer this question. Tell about the critical issues which is encounter by you and the output of these challenges which is done by you. Even you can tell about the failure issue and knowledge you gain from the issue and how you handle it.
Related Interview Questions and Answers
To Get Digital Marketing Related Training