How to Download and Installation of Automation Anywhere Software
Automation Anywhere is one of the leading software in the market right now for RPA and everyone is talking about it. The opportunities in RPA are endless. Most of the tech companies are hiring Automation Anywhere professionals in large numbers currently.
Prerequisites for Express and Custom Standalone Installation
The table below contains the Software Requirements of Automation Anywhere
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7.0 SP1 (Minimum)
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (Recommended)
|Web Server/IIS||Internet Information Services 7.5 onward|
|Dot Net Framework||Microsoft Dot Net 4.6|
|Data Management System||For Express:
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Service Pack 1 (SP1)
For Custom Standalone:
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express/Standard/Enterprise or higher
The table below contains the Hardware Requirements of Automation Anywhere
|Processor||X64 Server based CPU with minimum 4 Cores and 2 threads|
|Disk Space||100 GB (Depends upon Repository Size)|
Internet Information Services
- Internet Information Services 10.0 (for Windows 10)
- Internet Information Services 8.5 (for Windows 8.1 & Windows Server 2012 R2)
- Internet Information Services 8.0 (for Windows 8 & Windows Server 2012)
- Internet Information Services 7.5 (for Windows 7 SPI & Windows Server 2008 R2)
- Application Initialization Module for IIS 7.5 (for Windows 7 SPI)
We can enable these features from the Turn Windows Feature On or Off option.
- ASP .NET 4.5 or higher
- Dot Net Extensibility 4.5
- ISAPI Filter
- Static Content
- Windows Authentication (for Active Directory Users)
- IIS Management Service (for Windows 7 SP1)
ENABLING SQL SERVER CONFIGURATION
We have already described in detail how to install and enable the SQL Server in a separate tutorial. The link to which is given here.
If any of the prerequisites are found missing, the Automation Anywhere Enterprise Control Room setup, installs these prerequisites automatically.
- 1. We have to run the Setup in the Administrator Mode for Automation Anywhere Enterprise Control Room.
- 2. If the Dot Net 4.6 part is not available, you will be shown the waiting component screen to install Microsoft Dot Net Framework 4.6 because it is a part of the prerequisites of the Control Room.
- 3. We have to click on the Install button. This action will start the Microsoft Dot Net Framework 4.6 process for installation.
- 4. After this step there is a need to restart the system in order to complete the process of installation. When we restart our systems, the process of installation will automatically resume.
Step 1 – Go to the start button in the Windows taskbar and click on the start button.
Step 2 – In the search bar please type “Turn Windows Features on or off” and click on that option.
When you click on the features, a windows feature dialog box will pop up which will ask you to wait.
Step 3 – Tick on the box for Internet Explorer 11. Open Internet Information Services. Select Web Management Tools, IIS 6 Management Compatibility. Under IIS 6 Management Compatibility there are 4 options. Choose all of them. Select IIS Management Console, IIS Management Scripts and Tools, and IIS Management Service.
Step 3.1 – After that select World Wide Web Services. Then click on Application Development Features and select all the features included within it. After that choose the Common HTTP Features and click on all the options included within it. The next feature we have to enable is Health and Diagnostics and tick all the boxes within it. Then we have to click on Performance Features and enable all the features inside it. Then we have to click on the Security Feature. Inside the Security Feature, we select all the features within it.
Step 7 – After enabling all the protocols we have to go to the SQL Server Services option on the top left and click on it and then we need to restart by right clicking on the second option which is the SQL Server option. After doing this we need to close the window. The steps are shown in images below.
Step 10 – When we click on the next button the License Agreement Window will open. We have to select the option “I accept the terms in the License Agreement”. After doing so we have to click on the next option.
Step 11 – In the next step we have to select between Express and Custom mode of Installation for Automation Anywhere. We have selected the Express mode of installation for this tutorial. After selecting Express we need to click on the Next button.
Step 13 – When you click on the download link it will take you to the Microsoft Application Initialization website. In the additional downloads option we have to select the X64 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 option and click on it.
With the ‘Custom’ mode of installation, we can install the Control Room utilizing our choice of settings. With this mode, we have the agility to choose components for installation – Application or Shared Data & Services or both.
- We can choose our choice of components for installation– Application or Shared Data & Services or both.
- We can configure the Website – http or https.
- We can configure the WebSocket – define port and select certificate (in-case https is enabled).
- We have the option of defining Control Room Database and User Credentials.
- We can choose the path of shared Repository.
- We can define the various user types – Active Directory or Non-Active Directory.
- We can select a path for installation.
Steps to Install Automation Anywhere using Custom Installation Type
Step 1 – Double click on the Automation Anywhere Software file which is the highlighted file in the picture below.
Step 8 – After you click next, the Database Configuration Window will open. Leave it open. Use the Windows taskbar to go to the start menu and search for SQL SERVER 2014 Management Studio. Double click on it to open it.
Step 11 – Click on the Connect button in the Server Management Studio.